1820 to 1914 Wesleyan Chapel
Situated in Birmingham Road and still extant as a private house. Deeds for the sale of the land to build the Chapel on are dated 10th June 1820 and stipulated that there should always be fifteen trustees. Interestingly these were not all local village people, as they came from as far as Nechells, Aston and Sutton as well as neighboring Shustoke and Coleshill. When they first bought the chapel the present owner recalls still having to pay a yearly peppercorn rent to the Methodist church.
Click Here to view images of the original documents relating to the chapel